Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pizza Burgers


Ever try the Pizza Burgers from the Schwan's truck? I used to love these things as a kid. It took a little creativity to figure out how to season the meat, but it's actually quite simple. I don't have exact measures for the ingredients I used because I was basically winging it, but they're close. These turned out really good.

Pizza Burgers:
1lb Lean Ground Beef
4oz Tomato paste
1 tsp oregano
1tsp basil
1/2tsp garlic salt
swiss style processed cheese

Combine the beef, tomato paste, oregano, basil and garlic salt thoroughly. Press into thin rounds. Add a round slice of cheese and another round of beef mixture. Pinch sides closed.
I used a biscuit cutter to cut my slice of cheese and then used the excess as the filling of the next burger. (waste not!) You'll want to keep the beef slices rather thin because you don't want them to take forever to cook. If they take too long the cheese all melts out. The finished burger in the photo was almost too thick.
Cook burgers over medium high heat on a grill pan.
Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much I been looking for this. I love schwan's pizza burgers.

Unknown said...

So happy to find this a few months ago. I make them regularly now and we love them. Very close tho schwans. Thanks