Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Carrot, pear applesauce


I've been playing around with applesauce combinations lately. I made a raspberry applesauce which Baby D loved, but my blueberry applesauce turned out way too thick. Almost gelatinous.
I wanted to make a vegetable applesauce, but I needed a different way to feed it to little miss I'm-too-big-to-be-spoon-fed. I used one pound of baby carrots, one pear and one cup of applesauce. I steamed the carrots for 20 minutes and the pears for 10, then strained them with some plain applesauce and the leftover steaming liquid. I took it one step further and blended the mixture to a fine puree. Now she happily sips it down with a straw. Now we're both happy! I'm sneaking vegetables into her diet and she's a big girl by drinking out of a cup.
Bliss.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: