Monday, July 25, 2011

Home made granola



I had been looking for a recipe for granola for a long long time. After scouring the internet for months one popped up on my Google reader list here. I modified it slightly and we are in love. "I need to make more granola" is a common utterance around here now.
We love this stuff as a quick snack. I pour plain yogurt and honey over mine. My husband scarfs it down plain. I don't know what the shelf life is because it's always gone within 4 days.


The recipe:


Dry Ingredients
6 cups rolled oats (I used old fashioned)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut
1/3 cup sesame seeds (I substituted flax seeds)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup chopped nuts (I use a mix of almonds, walnuts and unsalted peanuts)
Dried fruit (I use fresh chopped apricots, craisins and dates)
Mix all ingredients. Coat thoroughly with:
Wet Ingredients
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla

Spread out on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Stir at 15, 20 and 25 minutes.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: