Friday, July 29, 2011

Minnesota State Fair recap

I haven't leant an update since I submitted my pie for last year's State Fair contest. Well, I didn't place but my score was an 89 out of 100. I learned a few things and plan to keep competing. One fun story is that my MIL entered her Kro Kaner cookies for the first time (after making them for countless years with much adulation from the family) and she took third place!

Here are her Kro Kaners (aka bracelet cookies) above the white ribbon.


Some of the many cake entries. I both envy and pity the judges. That's got to be a lot of calories.


My competition.


The fondant decorated cakes were amazing. The theme this year was sewing.






All the syrups and vinegars looked so pretty.


The miscellaneous cookie category.


The traditional Scandanavian wedding cakes.


Fleischmann's has a category for baked good with a pink theme for breast cancer awareness.


I wish I could smell the baked breads. Everything was behind glass.


Why?? Why would anyone devote so much time to knitting a 20 foot long fish???
Posted by Picasa

No comments: