Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Busy Wednesday

Dinner last night was sausage stuffed peppers. I stuffed them much more full than this, but I stopped mid-preparations to take a picture while the dish still looked pretty. I used mild italian sausage rather than plain ground beef and that made all the difference between a plain spanish rice tasting dish and something flavorful and able to stand by itself.
This morning I joined my MIL, SIL and her daughter to visit Michael's cousin's new baby girl. We brought over some cute baby outfits and spent the morning chatting and drinking coffee. Then the four of us went out for lunch. I had a half sandwich and Cowboy bean soup. (Apparently Cowboy bean soup = franks and beans. Who knew?)
Right now Michael is out playing football while I'm slow simmering a chili. I added chipotle peppers and some dried cayenne peppers. It's pretty hot stuff. I normally watch every one of his games but because I had the dogs in their kennels all day, I felt guilty about leaving and putting them right back into their kennels.
Poor Patch is miserable. His allergies are so bad he's developed an ear infection. He has an appointment at the vet's tomorrow. His allergies have gotten better since we got back home. They were really bad in PA. Here we have central air and he breathes filtered air throughout the day and only goes out for potty breaks. In PA he was breathing allergens 24/7 and they never had the killing frost like we had several weeks ago. His paws itched him terribly and his skin got really dry and nasty. He's slowly recovering. The vet told me to put him on Benadryl. It's crazy the things we do for our dogs.

No comments: