Monday, August 27, 2007

My Cup Runeth Over with Tomatoes


My garden is yielding well. I used several pounds of tomatoes to make a few jars of sauce, but during the canning process i forgot to add lemon juice (to increase the acidity and aid in preservation) so I decided to test the sauce and make a lasagna. If I'm making a lasagna, I'm going to have to do it right so I made my own noodles.
I used ground venison and thick strips of sauteed onions with peppers and mushrooms for the meat layer, a typical ricotta mozzerella blend for the cheese layer and the sauce I made last night. If the smell is any indication of the taste, then this will be a wonderful dinner.

Right now Mike is out buying the last part he needs to put my car back together. He replaced the wheel bearing on the front passenger side and we hope this eliminates that awful squealing noise it made on corners.

No comments: