Thursday, August 30, 2007

Roses and an acrobat

I tour my gardens about twice a day. Usually I'm bringing in an armload of tomatoes each trip. My roses are doing beautifully on the south side of the house.

Notice the visitor to my roses?
I ran back into the house for my camera as soon as I saw him.
Unfortunately over the last 2 weeks of cold and rainy days, my Rose caught a mold. I had to do some pruning to fix it up. Nothing drastic, but I had to clip 5 buds off. So painful to remove rosebuds before they've blossomed. All the beauty gone to waste.

The next day I was on the north side of the house checking out my front flower beds. I had to plant Coleus to cover the spot where the storm knocked down my bleeding heart a few weeks ago. The Persian Shield is getting pretty big and it's a beautiful colorful backdrop for the flowering tobacco.

Sure enough, that little guy gets around. I have no clue how on earth he climbs into these plants!

No comments: