Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dinner was a little late tonight


Mainly dinner was late because I had no concept of how incredibly difficult it is to make 2 colored pasta. Ugh! This took hours of prep. I made the dough from scratch, divided it in half, added turmeric (poor man's saffron) to half, divided the dough again, and started rolling and cutting. Rolling and cutting. ...Rolling and cutting. Meanwhile I was also working on the filling and the butternut squash bisque.
The raviolis turned out very tasty but the sauce was a huge disappointment. I have on idea what got into my head when I decided to make a garlic cream sauce. That was just soooo wrong. I'll also try some different cutting techniques next time. Maybe I'll do triangles or diamond shapes.
I used the scrap pasta to make angel hair noodles. I have three different shades now: orange, pale yellow and whitish.
So, in a nutshell (what I call my head) I think I'd make this again but use a different sauce and I'd make a simpler side dish, something I throw in a pot and forget about, like steamed broccoli.

No comments: