Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Snoozing Cutie

Blayze is a shoe-in for most adorable pet on the planet. Right now she's curled up in Patch's kennel. Patch has a new pet bed we bought at Sam's Club and it's made of memory foam. We thought it was an extremely good price for a normally luxury product but the size was too big for Miranda's kennel. Now both Spinner and Blayze, both being accustomed to a higher degree of pampering, have taken to stealing Patch's kennel while he is away. I thought their beds were good quality, they're both overstuffed with some cedar added for freshness. Maybe it's because Patch's kennel is in the dining room and their kennels are in the spare bedroom. Everybody hangs out in the dining room or parlor and Patch is usually staked out by the window waiting to tell off anyone who gets too close to his turf. I'm sure they tell him they're just keeping it warm for him.
Food stuffs: The other night I grilled up one of those preseasoned Hormel pork tenderloins. While that was grilling I put a cast iron skillet on the side burner and threw in a big pat of butter and a julienned onion and sliced peeled apple. As they were cooking down I thought it could use something else, and since I was already outside, I snuck over to my potted herb garden and swiped some sage leaves that I tore up and added to the apples and onions. Once the onions were soft and almost translucent and the apples were nice and soft, I poured in 1/4 cup of dry sherry and let that reduce. Another case where the side dish was better than the main course.

No comments: