Monday, September 10, 2007

Mmmmmm.... Focaccia


We felt inspired to try a new bread for dinner. At lunch Michael was flipping through the Bread Bible I currently have on loan from the library and he was intrigued by the focaccia recipe. This bread dough contains more water than flour, which seems ridiculous, so we had to see how it worked. I started the dough just after he went to work and had a finished product just in time for dinner at 7pm. I marinated flattened chicken breasts in white wine vinegar with fresh rosemary and thyme with a smidgen of olive oil. I made the focaccia with fresh rosemary and olive oil. The sandwiches were hearty and delicious. I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella and romano cheese on the grilled chicken and topped with lettuce and garden fresh tomatoes. Everything was so juicy and tasty it didn't require any dressing. Our opinion was, "We'll definitely make this again."
Also, I was trying some different things with the photo upload tool on my last blog entry, and the results look very different from the preview pane I was working in. Give me time and I might change the entry in the near future.

No comments: