Saturday, December 8, 2007

Borscht at last

At long last, I found just the recipe for Borscht that I was looking for. I followed the recipe to a "T". This was fantastic. It was a real effort to stop with only one bowlful. It took all day to prepare, but the wait was well worth it. It was a rich, hearty soup full of flavor. I think I'll need to start pursuing more Russian recipes.

In other news, yesterday Spinner and Blayze went to the vet to have their teeth cleaned. This is something they have to have done periodically because they collect tartar like crazy. Spinner actually had a broken tooth that needed to be removed as well. I dropped them off at 8am and picked them up at 4pm. Blayze was still in a daze from the sedative. She was wobbly on her feet. Spinner seemed to bounce back very quickly. We put water on his dry food and them put it through the blender so he wouldn't have any discomfort eating dinner. He wolfed that down with more enthusiasm than I had ever seen him eat with. This morning they both ate their breakfasts without any problems. Spinner seems to be a little perkier than I've seen him in a long time. I guess that tooth was hurting him more than he let on.
Here they both are recovering.

Blayze just wanted to sleep it off.
They're both back to 100% right now.

Well, we're off to wedding this afternoon. The temperature has climbed up to 1F. It was -5F when I woke up this morning. I hope the whole ceremony is indoors.

No comments: