Saturday, December 1, 2007

Hand made Advent Calender and Tree selection

Sometimes I take on really big projects that all started with one little idea. I wanted to make my SIL an advent calender with photos I had taken of her family over the last year. The project then grew into a wall hanging with 24 felt stockings and in order to not make the whole thing as big as a bedspread, I had to overlap the stockings which took some creative sewing so I wouldn't stitch up the opening for the photo. This took about 30 man hours over ten days. But it's cute!

Today we went for our annual Christmas tree adventure with my SIL and her family. As you can see it's already snowing pretty heavily here in Minnesota. I took this picture an hour ago. We've had 1/2 inch more snow fall since then. We're expecting another 8 inches tonight.

No comments: