Friday, December 21, 2007

Krokaners and accidental art


An annual tradition in my husband's family are an old Scandinavian cookie recipe called Krokaners. They're commonly called, "Bracelet cookies". They're a rich yet delicate sugar cookie and always disappear quickly.
It looks as though I'll soon be adopting this annual tradition. The last 2 Christmases, I've been apprenticing. I'll post a recipe as soon as I remember to write it down.
...At least we don't have to learn lefse.

I was making pear-cranberry chutney the other day and as I was dumping the last of the ingredients into the pressure cooker, I looked down and saw a lovely kaleidescope of colors. The chutney turned out excellent. I may now be brave enough to try my own mango chutney, so we can rid ourselves of our dependence on the store-bought stuff, because goodness knows, it's a panic if we're ever out of the stuff.

No comments: