Thursday, December 6, 2007

Fruit Loop Muffins

I was trolling through some food blogs the other day when I came across a unique and colorful recipe for Fruit Loop Muffins. I liked the write up and took the plunge. I didn't get so fancy as to buy actual Fruit Loops, I used the Target brand cereal instead.
In all, I really liked them. They're moist and chewy. The cereal bits turned a little "rubbery" but maybe next time I'll break them up rather than leave them whole. The crushed cereal topping wins big points for presentation. They're not sweet like a cupcake, rather, they're a light fun breakfast muffin.
Something about these muffins really grabbed the attention of the dogs. Maybe it's all the melted butter, maybe they all have a secret fetish for breakfast cereal. Whatever the case, there was always a nose sniffing about 2 inches away from my mixing bowl at any given moment while I was making these.

No comments: