Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Nothing like a curry to warm you up

Indian food is so much fun to cook. It's warm, spicy and exotic. I love the way the spices make the house smell like potpourri.
Yesterday I tried to whip up a lentil soup. I'd provide you with the recipe, if I had enjoyed the soup and feel it was worth sharing. As is, it was good for a pretty picture! You'll notice I have three different sizes of garlic cloves on the cutting board. The 2 larger ones are from the farmer's market. The itty-bitty one is from the grocery store. I'll have to get to the St. Paul farmer's market soon and restock my garlic. This stuff is gorgeous and so much better than store bought. I'm running out fast.
I think I prefer a dal, which is more like a spicy lentil stew. This was bland and a little watery. Then again, maybe it was something I did. I have been on a really bad streak lately.
I burned a beef stew, I ruined a turkey frame soup (not my fault, the burner died, It has since been replaced) and we under cooked a chicken. Luckily we haven't gotten sick with all these kitchen mishaps. Maybe it's time to call in a pizza.

No comments: