Friday, November 9, 2007

A few milestones

First thing this morning I heard something that sounded like rain. I opened the window and saw big fat snowflakes, almost like sleet, covering the roof. I took this picture when I took the dogs out. Yup, it's that time of season again.
Secondly, I got my braces removed! I've been on cloud nine ever since. I love the feel of my "new" teeth.
However, the combination of the two, (the snow and no braces) will have me looking like this for the next 6 months. (Hey Hazel, remember the hat?)I have to say, one of the things I've been looking forward to the most is one of my favorite childhood treats, the Pearson's Salted Nut Roll. Several years ago, one could find this particular candy bar amongst the shelves of candy bars in any grocery store or drugstore. Somewhere along the line, it was no longer available in my area. I found it again when Roz and I visited Colorado in 2002 and I gorged myself on them there. Upon moving to Minnesota, I've discovered they are produced right here in St. Paul! Unfortunately due to my braces I could only salivate from a distance. Poor Mike put up with several whining episodes from me as we passed them in the grocery store check out lane. Last night he came home from work with this:Isn't he sweet?

No comments: