Monday, November 19, 2007

Taking a break from doing nothing.


Since hubby has been away I haven't been cooking. Last night I made spaghetti from a box and jar. The night before he left we were too busy to cook because we were at my SIL's to drop off our bulbs in her root cellar. We stopped for some absolutely awesome curry on the way home.
Today I've been addressing Christmas card envelopes. I know, I know, it's too early to even discuss the holiday, but if I don't get this stuff out of the way early I get painfully bogged down later on. There's so much to do. Lots of decorating, baking, gift making, etc. Plus we're hosting Christmas dinner for the extended family.
Anyway, I've also been doing some deep cleaning in the house. I've been tearing apart our bedroom because with 4 dogs sleeping in there each night with us, it gets pretty scary quick. I washed the comforter cover and I thought the poor dryer would choke on all the dog hair. That's what we get for letting the dogs use it as a bed on warm nights.
The trees have lost almost all their leaves here in the neighborhood. There was a quick little snowstorm yesterday, but today has been warm (42F) and foggy. A good day to catch up on cleaning.

No comments: