Tuesday, November 6, 2007

salads and a vet appointment

I've just made a Waldorf Salad and a Seafood salad and I took Miranda to the vet to have a Urinary Tract infection diagnosed.
All this before noon.
I lined a stainless bowl with leaves of Boston lettuce and then i nestled the seafood salad inside. I topped it off with 2 lemon halves cut into a fan.
The Waldorf salad didn't get quite the snazzy presentation, but I used both Braeburn and Granny Smith apples to give it a fun red and green coloring.
Poor Miranda has been having accidents in the evenings while we're watching TV. They've been happening more frequently and we're concerned it might be psychological. The vet said she has a few crystals so she's on anti-biotics and we'll recheck her in ten days after the medication is done.
Sure, just after we get one dog off of medication, we get another one on medication. Patch's ear infection cleared up and he's doing much better.
We were anticipating he'd have a tummy ache this morning because he finished off all the oil in the skillet that i had used to fry the chicken for our Cobb Salad last night. I went into the bedroom to fold laundry and 2 minutes later Patch walked in licking his chops happily. I should have known better than to leave the oil out to cool. Our fears that we'd be up all night with him begging to go out every few hours were unfounded. He has once again proved himself to have an iron stomach. I'm sure he'll have a nice glossy coat now...

No comments: