Friday, November 23, 2007

Grok Rocks!


Tonight we went out with Michael's friends D&H. We drove into St. Paul for some Russian at Moscow on the Hill. (I swiped the pic from their website. I had woefully forgotten my camera at home) I loved this restaurant. The atmosphere was simple and unpretentious. There was a wandering accordionist. The menu was nothing fancy, but the dishes were rich and flavorful. (Plus they had Pilsner Urquel on tap!) I had the Siberian dumplings which were so simple and so awesome. Mike had a rich beef stroganoff smothered in thick gravy. For and after-dinner drink we shared a glass of grok, which is a warm red wine punch. (If anyone has a recipe for this stuff, please forward it my way, I would be most grateful!!)
After dinner we set out for a perfect dessert. We went to Latte Da for a huge slice of triple decker Turtle cake and Dulce de Leche cake. Both were rich and presumably contained more calories than our entire meals. I had a Swiss Mint Latte, complete with an Andes Candy suspended in the whipped cream topping. next door to the coffee shop is a Pottery Barn, so we had to indulge and scan the holiday decorations. We left there with a lot of ideas for our Christmas dinner event.
After eating we retired to a local Brunswick recreation center for a few rounds of darts and a chance to unwind. In all, a great evening.

No comments: